The chocolate was a sweet touch (pun intended) but the words? I’ve rarely felt so honored at the end of a class.
The card itself is a nod to a running class joke–never again will I assign such an irritating pop culture artifact for analysis–but I couldn’t help but smile at it. I’ll even admit that Miley Cyrus graced my fridge for a time.
Although I kept my tears in check until hours later–several students asked if I going to cry in class–I remain touched by this gesture and grateful for thoughtful students. Definitely reminds me of why I love teaching so much!
|I’m going to miss these students so much!|
Other teaching type posts:
- First day of school rituals
- Stripper turns award-winning college instructor? Hardly. Welcome to my most embarrassing moment in the classroom.
- Communicating with your college professor: 13 Dos and Don’ts
- Back in the teaching saddle and loving it!
- Grading Nazi/kindergarten teacher/saint: Processing student evaluations
- The loves and hates of teaching
- Reading about spiritual practices: Sometimes grading can be fun
- Grades are not Halloween candy
- Wait, they’re not actually demon seed?